Thursday, December 17, 2009

How Deep The Father's Love For Us

My value does not lie in how much I do or don't accomplish in my home. Sounds good, right? I wonder how many times I have to say or type that before I believe it.

I lost my patience tonight with Allison because she wanted me to help her find her lost slipper to wear to school tomorrow for the pajama party. Everywhere I turn, I see something that is undone. The girls room is full of boxes of my mother's things that have been sitting around since she moved to my sister's house about 2-3 years ago. Her shed is packed full to the brim with STUFF and I need to do some creative rearranging in there to make the boxes fit. The last time I went in, I realized that the front corner of the shed was home to a massive swarm of wasps.

I am currently waiting for the dryer to stop so I can go to bed. I don't like leaving it running and going to sleep...just in case the dryer lint decides to try doing magic tricks and ignite. I did get the dishwasher loaded and one half of my kitchen clean (including shining my sink). The result is that my hands smell like Ajax. I suppose it's better than onion stench that lingers for days.

I know that my value lies not in how many loads of laundry I get washed, dried, folded and put away, but in the fact that I am His treasure. "I will not boast in anything - no gifts, no power, no wisdom -but I will boast in Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection"! It is not these earthly distractions that give me value. How easy it is to forget why I am here at what my purpose is.

No comments: