Friday, February 20, 2009

Yes. This is my pathetic excuse for a blog. It is often neglected…but I am thankful that I have it when I need it.

Do you ever have those days where you have so many things spinning around in your head that you don't know which way is up? I've been having a lot of those lately.

I have recently taken on some additional responsibilities at work. The person that left the company is the one who hired me on three and a half years ago, so I was already very familiar with some of the things that he did, because I used to work for him, so I was the logical person to take on these responsibilities. The only trouble with taking on more duties is that you begin to be spread too thin. I'm afraid I'm settling for mediocre on all and excelling at none.

…and so it goes…

Random thought #1: Songwriter
You know, sometimes, I really wish that God had blessed me with songwriting skills. I read an article on Kelly Clarkson one time and her mom was talking about how, as a teenager, she would just get be so overwhelmed that she would break down in tears and hysterics for no apparent reason and her mother advised her to write. She would just sit down and write a song to get it out.

I wish I could do that. I have a lot to say (usually too much! I'm sure a lot of people wish I would just shut up!). I suppose the good Lord knew that it would probably be a source of pride for me and that I probably would use it for my own glory…but I sure do wish I could get all the brain clutter out of my head in the form of a song. I also wish I could play the guitar, but that would require the discipline to practice and I doubt that would happen.

Random thought #2: Difficult people
Why is it so difficult to love the unlovely? After all, aren't we unlovely to someone? I have a co-worker who just plain rubs me the wrong way…pretty much everything she does gets on my nerves. The main reason that I have problems with her is because she is very vocal about saying how good God is when the little, good things happen in her life (which is not a bad thing, mind you), but she treats some of her coworkers (me included) as if their jobs are less important than hers. I just don't think you can separate your relationship with Christ and the way you treat people.

The stupid thing is: I'm being prideful by thinking that I'm a "better Christian" than she is. How pitiful! I hate how sin touches every single part of our lives. My prayer for myself is that I would remember who I am in light of Who He is…a sinner in need of God's grace and forgiveness. It is not my nature to be good or seek His righteousness, so I pray for the Holy Spirit to convict me daily of the things for which I need to repent.

End of Random Thoughts…

Maybe in a few more months, I'll brain-dump again. It's amazing how this relieves all the pent up anxiety. :)

No comments: